Saturday, June 1, 2013

The Twisted Logic of the Left

"Anyone that owns a gun wants to kill someone."

That's a quote from a conversation I had with a liberal a few months back.  Somehow him and his girlfriend turned the conversation into an interrogation.  They kept asking how I felt on hot button issues like abortion, gun control, gay marriage, taxation, and war.

Now, anyone who reads this blog knows I'm no liberal, but my libertarian streak throws them off every time.  I have a coworker who loves to talk politics, and he knows how I stand on many issues, but he nearly shat himself when I told him that I'm an agnostic.  That really threw him off.

Unlike most people I've met, I don't fall into any category I suppose.  I look at each issue independently, and decide my personal opinions based on cold logic and facts.  Liberals can't seem to argue any of their positions this way, because their strategy has always been to manipulate opinions through emotion. 

Don't get me wrong, I believe the average liberal has their heart in the right place.  Unfortunately, the road to hell is paved with good intentions.

No comments:

Post a Comment